If I can’t eat dairy, what can I eat that doesn’t suck?
Once you get over the mourning process of dairy, it is time to look on the bright side at all the delicious things you can eat! Believe me, I was in your shoes once, crying while people ate pizza in front of me, chewing on a piece of chocolate and then spitting it out. Don’t. Just don’t. Yes, it is a tragic loss, yes you can cry about it, but I guarantee your husband is going to get annoyed very fast if you keep up the whiny routine. So, mamas, it’s time to get your milk-free eating on. Here we go!
Some of my favorites include the following:
Let’s start with DESSERT, shall we?
- Oreos! (not all flavors, be sure to check the package!)
- Eli’s Vegan Cheesecake http://www.elicheesecake.com/about/press-room/press-releases/vegancheesecakes/
- SO Delicious Products make sorbets, and other frozen treats http://www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com/recipes?gclid=Cj0KEQjw-dSgBRDb0oOl9MzxqMEBEiQAkHqy-W4THjQ62H5uOGrqjjmDaZga-tdbccJCSbo0ieBE7CwaAvU08P8HAQ
- Tofutti Products http://www.tofutti.com/frozen-desserts/cuties/
- Most sorbets are milk-free, even popular brands like Ben and Jerry’s, and Haagen Dazs have milk-free sorbets
- Coconut Bliss Frozen Desserts http://coconutbliss.com/
- Luigi’s Italian Ice http://www.luigis.com/home1.aspx
- Rice Dream Frozen Desserts http://www.tastethedream.com/products/rd_frozen.php
- DF Mavens Ice Cream http://dfmavens.com/
- Believe it or not, Coldstone Creamery offers several DF sorbet options!